Original Sight of Fort McPherson
The last four soldiers who served at Fort McPherson dedicated the original statue on Memorial Day of 1928. They were Theodor Lowe, Charles Hendy, R. McMurray and Cyrus Fox. This fully restored statue now features a convenient parking area and bench. It is located on the approximate site where the original flag pole stood at the Fort McPherson parade ground.